By highlighting the frequency of significant tropical cyclones striking the New York City region, this article is not meant to reduce the importance of finding solutions as quickly as possible; rather, it is meant to heighten awareness of the special risk that New York City has always faced, but has never fully addressed.
Summer 2013 marks my 8th issue at the Columbia Political Review, and in that time, my fellow editors and I have read dozens of pitches from Columbia students. It is my experience that the most successful authors are those who take on the day’s issues from a unique, and sometimes [...]
Screw the economy; it’s the foreign policy, stupid.
With his feet planted firm on the sand, Hank Iori squinted as he scanned the beach shoreline – spotting ramshackle homes, transplanted utility pipes, and scattered debris in every glimpse of his hometown Rockaway, Queens. “FEMA and the federal government have done a marvelous job cleaning up the blocks and [...]
Ideas and ideologies carry large weight, especially if one takes the Arab world in political context. As citizens of the twenty first century, we often overlook the cause of the Arab region’s political distress and tension that seems to be so ubiquitous.
- An American Revolution: The US and Iran may come to consensus
- When the Sky Was Red
- The Great Leap North
- Senkaku, I Choose You!; Sino-Japanese Territorial Disputes
- Refugee Aid, Syrians Betrayed; Humanitarian Aid and the War Against Assad
- There’s Something About Mali
- The Irish Curtain
- The Future of Europe: Break up or federalism?
- Vive L’Alliance
I think the biggest issue they missed was the “why.” Why did the attack happen? And that’s really the critical questions I attempt to answer in the book—why this attack?
The following interview was conducted on May 30, 2012. Questions were submitted from writers at three ACE member publications: Columbia Political Review, Fordham Political Review, and Harvard Political Review.
- Ace Forum: Healthcare III
- Ace Forum: Healthcare II
- ACE Forum: Healthcare I
- Mark McKinnon of No Labels
- Egypt Forum V: The Return of the Google Executive
- Egypt Forum IV: Communication Power
- Egypt Forum III: Social Media Marches On
- Egypt Forum II: People Power in the Middle East–Strategies for Success
- Egypt Forum I: People Power in the Middle East