It is irrefutable that the destruction of the minaret carries great symbolic meaning, but the longer-term ramifications are less clear.
Summer 2013 marks my 8th issue at the Columbia Political Review, and in that time, my fellow editors and I have read dozens of pitches from Columbia students. It is my experience that the most successful authors are those who take on the day’s issues from a unique, and sometimes [...]
Screw the economy; it’s the foreign policy, stupid.
With his feet planted firm on the sand, Hank Iori squinted as he scanned the beach shoreline – spotting ramshackle homes, transplanted utility pipes, and scattered debris in every glimpse of his hometown Rockaway, Queens. “FEMA and the federal government have done a marvelous job cleaning up the blocks and [...]
“The sky turned red and it rained for four days straight. If there was ever a time you thought the world was going to end, it was that day.” These sound like lines straight out of a sci-fi thriller but, in fact, they are Minister Tony de Brum’s personal account [...]
- The Great Leap North
- Senkaku, I Choose You!; Sino-Japanese Territorial Disputes
- Refugee Aid, Syrians Betrayed; Humanitarian Aid and the War Against Assad
- There’s Something About Mali
- The Irish Curtain
- The Future of Europe: Break up or federalism?
- Vive L’Alliance
- Bribe and Punishment
- Egypt’s Party Scene
I think the biggest issue they missed was the “why.” Why did the attack happen? And that’s really the critical questions I attempt to answer in the book—why this attack?
The following interview was conducted on May 30, 2012. Questions were submitted from writers at three ACE member publications: Columbia Political Review, Fordham Political Review, and Harvard Political Review.
- Ace Forum: Healthcare III
- Ace Forum: Healthcare II
- ACE Forum: Healthcare I
- Mark McKinnon of No Labels
- Egypt Forum V: The Return of the Google Executive
- Egypt Forum IV: Communication Power
- Egypt Forum III: Social Media Marches On
- Egypt Forum II: People Power in the Middle East–Strategies for Success
- Egypt Forum I: People Power in the Middle East